Instagram Temporarily Blocked
What happened, and what should you do?
First of all, this is a problem that happens to many Instagram users, so please don’t worry! It’s usually caused by too much activity happening too quickly. While we work within Instagram’s parameters to prevent this from happening, it is still a possibility for this issue to occur. Keep in mind, most users are able to easily recover. That being said, this process could take anywhere from three days to two weeks.
Meanwhile, here are some things you can do to speed up the process:
1. Fill in the form here and select the option “I can’t add my email to my Instagram account because it is already in use.”
2. Email Instagram at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain the issue.
3. Send Instagram a message on their Facebook page here.
4. Log into another Instagram account and click on “Settings” > “Report a Problem” > “Something isn’t working”. Type out your problem and remember to reference your account username.
5. Tweet @instagram with the hashtag #instagram with your problem.
6. Try logging into your account from a different device and click on “Learn more”. You will be prompted with a form to recover your account like this image.