Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/customer/www/riotlysocialmedia.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 307
Instagram has just released an update allowing users to post SoundCloud to Instagram. For musicians on Instagram and Soundcloud, this new feature opens a whole new door for social media marketing and band promotion.
The new update allows musicians to share their SoundCloud tracks directly to their Instagram Stories. When it comes to sharing music, promoting new albums and selling tracks, SoundCloud musicians now have a direct gateway to the Instagram community.
Linking SoundCloud App to Instagram
You don’t have to be a musician to share SoundCloud music to your Instagram Story. All you need is access to the SoundCloud app. Unfortunately, this is also the main caveat to Instagram’s new collaboration with SoundCloud.
When you share SoundCloud to Instagram stories, you won’t be sharing the music itself. Instead, your Instagram Story will display a badge that links to the song on the SoundCloud app. Yes, this means that in order for your followers to listen to your music, they need the app.
That being said, the story badge will still display a photo of the artist, song or album. Even if your followers don’t have the SoundCloud app, a SoundCloud share to Instagram is a surefire way to promote awareness for your music to your followers, as well as let them know when you have released a new song or have a new album for sale.
How to Post SoundCloud on Instagram
Sharing your SoundCloud music on Instagram is super easy. First, make sure you have the SoundCloud app downloaded on your smartphone. Open the app and follow the steps below:
- Pick a song to share. You can select songs by viewing an artist’s profile, or going through your own personal playlists and choosing a favorite. Here’s an example of a list of tracks on an artist profile:
- Next, click the three dots next to the song you wish to share:
- You can also share SoundCloud music to Instagram from this view as well, which you will see either if you click the bottom grey bar — In this case the grey bar with a play and heart icon on either side of where it says “The Fix” with “Liz Coffman” below— or by clicking on the song itself:
- After clicking the “share” button in the middle, you’ll see this menu:
- Click “Share to Instagram Stories,” then click the “Add to Story” icon, shown below! The photo below also shows you what the SoundCloud badge will look like when someone views your Instagram Story:
That’s it! That’s all it takes to promote your music, your newest album, or your favorite band by sharing to your Instagram Story.
Want to stay up to date on all of Instagram’s new features and releases? Enter your email in the box below to receive our weekly Instagram Update with all the latest news, how-tos and features.
Need a little help growing your Instagram followers so that more people can learn about, listen to and buy your SoundCloud music? Check out our Free 6-day Instagram Growth Service Trial, or check out one of our Monthly Plans to learn how to grow your Instagram account organically.