Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/customer/www/riotlysocialmedia.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 307
On August 28, Instagram released three new updates to its service to help keep its users safe. One of these updates answers the mysterious question of how to get verified on Instagram.
This new feature allows Instagram users to apply for a “verified account badge.”
That little blue checkmark you see next to an Instagram user’s name? That means their account has been officially verified on Instagram as an “authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, global brand or entity.
Verified accounts are not a new thing, but for the first time, the general public now has the ability to fill out a simple form to request verification from Instagram itself.
Considering the fact that some users have been spending close to $15,000 in the black market to buy this badge, a simple application process is undeniably an easier and safer alternative.
So, how do you go about getting verified on Instagram? Here’s a simple step-by-step guide:
How to Get Verified on Instagram
- To access the verification request form, go to your profile, tap the menu icon, select “Settings” at the bottom and then choose “Request Verification.”
- You will need to provide your account username, your name and a copy of your legal or business identification. (Instagram assures this information will not be shared publicly.)
- To be considered for verification, your account must comply with Instagram’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
The catch is, there is no guarantee your account will get verified on Instagram.
In fact, Instagram’s criteria for getting your account verified are far from easy to meet, meaning most users won’t make the cut.
Instagram will review your account to confirm the “authenticity, uniqueness, completeness and notability of your page.”
Instagram defines an authentic account as one that “represent[s] a real person, registered business or entity.”
To be classified as a unique account, you may only have one account per business or individual. Your account must be public, with a profile photo, bio, and at least one or more posts.
Also important to note, your posts cannot contain any “add me” links to other social media services. Make sure you don’t have any spammy content on your page.
The last and toughest requirement to meet, however, is convincing Instagram that your account is “notable.”
What does Instagram consider a notable account?
You must be a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. In order to get your account verified on Instagram, you must be featured in multiple news sources. And no, paid and promotional content does not count.
Keep in mind, providing any false or misleading information on your application to get verified on Instagram could result in your account getting deleted.
For more information on how to get verified on Instagram, visit this page.
How do I become a “Notable” user on Instagram?
You need to have a public profile with a large following of fans. There are many ways to go about this, but here are some of the best tips and tricks for becoming notable:
- Start producing amazing content by learning the secrets to writing the best Instagram captions.
- Don’t forget to include #Hashtags! For tips on how to pick the right hashtags to get your content featured on Instagram, read this tutorial.
- Engage with your fans! Anyone can get a following on Instagram, but to really become a notable Instagram user, you need to engage with your followers! Here are some tips from some of the top micro-influencers on how to do this.
- Need tips for you Instagram’s business account? This guide has the best advice for making your business notable on Instagram.
- For the aspiring social media influencers out there, this article is all about learning how to market yourself on Instagram.